PC won't boot with GPU after reset bios settings

Jul 4, 2018
Hey,

I have a GTX 1060 and a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3G board with a UEFI dual bios,

As the title reads I cannot boot with my GPU installed anymore after I set the settings in the BIOS to default. I did that on an unrelated problem in regards to windows. I don't think it changed anything in the bios as I've never really changed anything before and it was at default always. My PC runs fine on onboard graphics, but now it just wont work with the GPU, it freezes at the first splash screen and won't even let me access the bios.

I have tried, Removing the CMOS battery, Reattaching RAM ( 2 x 4GB 1600mhz DDR3), setting graphics to PEG in the bios ( although it goes back to AUTO itself after a restart) also verified that my graphic card is powered and the cables are connected properly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Make sure you have stable BIOS boot settings with the internal graphics enabled, and if necessary pull the video card pulled out of the system. Set the graphics specifically to IGFX if necessary. Use those to make sure system will run

Once stable, reinstall the graphics card, set the graphics priority to PEG, and set internal graphics to DISABLED. Save and power off. Then move monitor cable to the graphics card.

Jul 4, 2018

Thanks for replying! If you mean that I should make sure my PC runs well on the onboard graphics then yes, if I'm not using my GPU my pc runs fine, only when I plug in my GPU I get stuck at the bios splash screen where my PC freezes.