[SOLVED] Pc wont boot with more than 1 ram stick installed

Feb 19, 2020
I built a pc with a i3 9100f and asrock b365 mobo and 2x4 gb viper ddr4 ram. When 1 ram stick is installed in any slot, the pc boots. When i have 2 ram sticks installed, it doesnt boot, no matter what slots they are in. I already returned the mobo and got a new one and it still does it. I have tried clearing cmos, updating bios, i checked the cpu and it doesnt look messed up on the bottom or anything. Is my cpu probably the issue, or could it be something else?

Solution
It is relatively rare that CPU's are/become faulty. Most likely the issue is due to other reasons.

If it is certain that there is no bent or damaged pins for the CPU and socket, and that there is no debris, dust or whatever else on or among the pins and pads, then make sure the CPU is positioned level/evenly on the socket.

It is assumed the two Viper memory modules come from the same dual channel kit(?) If not, then there is likely to be inter-memory incompatibility, even if the modules have the same part number.

Try increasing DRAM Voltage in BIOS, but do not exceed 1.35 V.
It is relatively rare that CPU's are/become faulty. Most likely the issue is due to other reasons.

If it is certain that there is no bent or damaged pins for the CPU and socket, and that there is no debris, dust or whatever else on or among the pins and pads, then make sure the CPU is positioned level/evenly on the socket.

It is assumed the two Viper memory modules come from the same dual channel kit(?) If not, then there is likely to be inter-memory incompatibility, even if the modules have the same part number.

Try increasing DRAM Voltage in BIOS, but do not exceed 1.35 V.

Solution
Feb 19, 2020
Okay so i tested another cpu and it still wouldnt boot if 2 sticks are installed. I am going to try and set my ram to 1.35v and see if that does anything. But how can i set the voltage of both ram sticks if i cant get into bios with 2 sticks installed. I can only get into bios with 1 stick installed