Jan 29, 2023
So I just upgraded a few key components to my PC, specifically the Motherboard, CPU, and Ram. When I went to boot my PC for the first time, nothing happened, there's no POST or anything, the monitor doesn't seem to get a signal from the PC. There are some things that I've noticed with my computer, my DRAM LED is red and won't turn off no matter what I do. And when installing my CPU, I was pretty concerned because I thought I saw bent pins on the motherboard, but since they were so tiny I couldn't be completely certain.
My new specs:
Gigabyte Aurus B650 Elite ax
MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2
AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
G.Skill Flare X5 2x16 GB 6000mhz
ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3070

USAFRet

Titan
So I just upgraded a few key components to my PC, specifically the Motherboard, CPU, and Ram. When I went to boot my PC for the first time, nothing happened, there's no POST or anything, the monitor doesn't seem to get a signal from the PC. There are some things that I've noticed with my computer, my DRAM LED is red and won't turn off no matter what I do. And when installing my CPU, I was pretty concerned because I thought I saw bent pins on the motherboard, but since they were so tiny I couldn't be completely certain.
My new specs:
Gigabyte Aurus B650 Elite ax
MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2
AMD Ryzen 7 7700x
G.Skill Flare X5 2x16 GB 6000mhz
ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3070
With a Ryzen, the pins are on the CPU.

The only way to know is to take it all apart again.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yes, of the thought that if this were purchased new it should have immediately been documented and the retailer contacted in regards to a return process, or exchange. I would imagine that the wait in reporting such may result in a denial or that the unit was second hand.

Jan 29, 2023
Bent pins should always be a top concern while building a new PC. Of note, the AIO you are using may be part of a recall.
There were indeed bent pins on the motherboard, and luckily I was able to get an immediate replacement from Micro Center. Now my issue is, the PC is now thermal throttling almost instantaneously. I had one day of it running smoothly, now my CPU is climbing to over 112 C as soon as the PC turns on, so I guess the AIO is indeed part of a recall, since it doesn't seem to be doing it's job.