Corsair 4x4 gig ddr3
2x standard sata 7500rpm drives
Corsair H115i cpu cooler
2x 200mm
2x 140mm
2x 90mm
New EVGA 1000w g+ supernova. Upgrade from ultra 700w psu

Hi
So I just purchased an xfx rx5700 to upgrade from my Radeon hd 5670. After installing new card powered on my system everything came on but was running really quietly. Almost like the fans weren't running. It boots through the BIOS screen then nothing just black never booting windows. I was thinking it was a power issue even though after checking specs a 750 watt PSU was recommended. So I went out bought a 1000 watt EVGA PSU. And same problem 😑 the power indicator lights by the 8pin and 6pin connectors on the rx5700 turn blue but the fans don't spin. Also I do hear the HDD spinning so I don't believe power to be the issue in this case. A bad card maybe?? Idk im very frustrated and set back 500 bucks with no idea of what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
You should consider moving up to a modern AMD or Intel based rig.

Even a 4-core AMD Ryzen with DDR4 memory will run circles around your current rig...and work with your RX 5700.
Feb 1, 2020
I would be surprised if the RX 5700 worked at all on your old BIOS based motherboard. Modern GPUs require a UEFI based system, in many instances.

Are you able to access your BIOS?
I can get into bios but system locks. Yea I was wondering if my board would support the new card or not

Feb 1, 2020
I can get into bios but system locks. Yea I was wondering if my board would support the new card or not
On a side note would u know of any boards that support an am3 chip that use EUFI and ddr3 mem? I really don't want to do a complete rebuild of my system. Or would u just recommend that be the rout to take if I plan on keeping the rx5700? Thanks again for the input

TRENDING THREADS