[SOLVED] PC won't boot with upgraded RAM

Jul 11, 2020
Built PC and has been working phenomenally without issues. Purchased another set of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz to take the build from 16 GB to 32 GB. However, in every combination I have tried, the PC will not boot with 4 sticks of RAM installed in the MB. Both the new and the old RAM work on their own if only 2 sticks are installed. I definitely understand that not all RAM is compatible, however I figured buying the exact same model would mitigate any issues. I've messed around with a few things int the BIOS but honestly do not know enough to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. Any insight as to what I may be doing wrong or can adjust so that I can successfully run with all 4 sticks of RAM would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
CPU - Intel Core i9 9900K
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
MB - ASUS Prime Z390-A
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Storage - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.12 ST3750528AS 750GB 7200 RPM
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 750 W

Solution
I understand but the reason they make 4x8GB kits is so you dont buy 2 2x8GB kits. They probably have different model numbers which means the wont work together. Theres always the possibility its another issue though. Are you sure you installed all your RAM in the correct slots when reinstalling everything?
I understand but the reason they make 4x8GB kits is so you dont buy 2 2x8GB kits. They probably have different model numbers which means the wont work together. Theres always the possibility its another issue though. Are you sure you installed all your RAM in the correct slots when reinstalling everything?

Solution