[SOLVED] PC won't boot with XMP enabled, new 3600 ram (worked for a month)

May 1, 2021
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41327088

Used this new ram for a month with XMP enabled, running at 3600 no problem. Replaced my CPU fan, and now the PC won't boot (goes straight to BIOS), and there it suggests resetting to defaults and rebooting. PC boots fine with XMP disabled, ram running at 2133. Benchmark is from right after I installed the new ram (with the old fan). I no longer have access to the old fan, it's in a friend's PC 4 hours away from me.

Tried:
-Verified RAM is in A2+B2
-Complete disassembly/reassembly of the PC.
-Removing CMOS battery for 10 minutes
-Booting with only 1 stick of ram at a time (both fail)
-Brand new identical ram

I'm at a loss. I'll try anything. Thanks.

Solution
You might be on version F8 for your BIOS on the motherboard. Use CPU-Z to confirm if you're on F8 or F9. If so, you should still be on F10k. If you're on F8, update to F9 and the F10k. Make and model of your PSU and it's age? That isn't listed on Userbenchmark. One other thing is it doesn't state which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. you should ideally be on Windows 10 version 20H2.

Manually input the ram's timings, frequency and voltage in BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
You might be on version F8 for your BIOS on the motherboard. Use CPU-Z to confirm if you're on F8 or F9. If so, you should still be on F10k. If you're on F8, update to F9 and the F10k. Make and model of your PSU and it's age? That isn't listed on Userbenchmark. One other thing is it doesn't state which version of Windows 10 you're currently on. you should ideally be on Windows 10 version 20H2.

Solution
May 1, 2021

Looks like I'm on F8, good call there! Not really sure how to do BIOS updates, do I need to have a flash drive available, or is there a way to that without one? PSU is this, purchased late Nov 2019. Windows 10 version 20H2 confirmed. Thanks for the reply!

May 1, 2021
Looks like I'm on F8, good call there! Not really sure how to do BIOS updates, do I need to have a flash drive available, or is there a way to that without one? PSU is this, purchased late Nov 2019. Windows 10 version 20H2 confirmed. Thanks for the reply!
Updated to F10k... still won't boot with XMP on :(