[SOLVED] PC won't boot - Would be grateful for any help

May 28, 2020
Hey all,

I have an old PC that I was wanting to revive as it hadn't been used in a while. Problem is when I power on, no image gets displayed on my monitor.
Upon boot, I get a POST State LED lighting up on the Motherboard, namely the CPU_LED.

I've ordered and tested with a 2nd hand AMD Athlon II X2 250 from a reputable seller on eBay and still same result.

Any ideas? I'm sh*t outta luck.

System Specs
Case: GC X11 Advanced X-Station
Power Supply: Corsair CX430
Motherboard: M5A97 EVO R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 1 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz DDR3
Storage: 1 x 120GB Sandisk SSD PLUS & 2TB HDD
Graphics: ASUS HD6670
Display: Dell P2314H

Thanks in advance! :)

Solution
If you tried it with a known good CPU and you still get a CPU light on the MB I think it's probably a bad motherboard....or possibly the wrong BIOS.
May 28, 2020
If you tried it with a known good CPU and you still get a CPU light on the MB I think it's probably a bad motherboard....or possibly the wrong BIOS.

Thanks for the response here jay32267. Sorry for my slow reply but I think you are probably right here.
I do find it pretty amazing that I got such a response so fast. Especially when it's for such an old rig. The internet is an amazing place! :D

I'll be on the lookout for an second hand AM3+ motherboard. Trying to find the same model as I have is tricky because I think I can get a brand new AM3+ MOBO for around 60/70 Euro.

Any pointers? How would you approach it?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the response here jay32267. Sorry for my slow reply but I think you are probably right here.
I do find it pretty amazing that I got such a response so fast. Especially when it's for such an old rig. The internet is an amazing place! :D

I'll be on the lookout for an second hand AM3+ motherboard. Trying to find the same model as I have is tricky because I think I can get a brand new AM3+ MOBO for around 60/70 Euro.

Any pointers? How would you approach it?

Thanks in advance!
Well.....it's kind of an old system. I wouldn't put too much money into it.

TRENDING THREADS