PC Won't Boot

APotatoCalledJoe

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
So, basically my computer won't boot. Every time I launch it, it tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent software or hardware change might be the cause of this problem." Then it gives me the option to launch startup repair or start normally. I've tried both, when I launch normally it simply crashes and gives me the two options again. I've tried startup repair, but it won't load. It gives me the default windows background, and just sits there doing nothing no matter how long I leave it. The only thing I've done that might have caused an issue is plug in my phone from a USB port to charge, but I've already disabled the USB Device in the boot options. BTW, my boot order reads: ATAPI CD-ROM Drive>Hard Drive>Network Controller. I have no idea what else could be causing this, and have found nothing else but changing the boot order online, so any help would be very appreciated!

Solution
The only thing I can think of is it's your hard drive, but don't take my word for it. If you have another way to access the internet, I would contact Microsoft support and ask them your question, since it seems like a OS problem.

HogyBun

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
The only thing I can think of is it's your hard drive, but don't take my word for it. If you have another way to access the internet, I would contact Microsoft support and ask them your question, since it seems like a OS problem.

Solution