[SOLVED] PC won't boot

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
ok, so a little bit of backstory. I downloaded ryzen master and I overclocked my cpu little bit and ryzen master wanted to reset my PC so it could do its thing, but when it reset the computer the screen stayed black and wouldn't go to windows or anything so what I did was then off my PC and then turned it on but now I'm getting a "HDMI no signal" message. My PC turns on like the fans spinning and it lights up but there's no signal to my monitor. Does anyone know what has happened or how I can fix it?

Solution
So this all came after an overclock? How did you overclock it? to what settings?
What is your full system spec?

Firstly try resetting your CMOS, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and leave it for a minute, then reinsert.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So this all came after an overclock? How did you overclock it? to what settings?

Firstly try resetting your CMOS, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard and leave it for a minute, then reinsert.

Solution

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

I overclocked it using Ryzen master from 3.5 to 3.75 and at 1.4 volts I believe

Ryzen 3 2200g
MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Corsair CX550
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB
1TB HDD
Vega 8
Corsair Spec 04

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

I'm afraid of reseting the the CMOS as I have a 2nd gen ryzen and a first gen motherboard and won't be compatible afterwards

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
If you're referring to losing BIOS updates then don't worry.

Your CMOS stores all of the BIOS settings, so resetting the CMOS simply resets all of your BIOS settings (such as CPU OC, XMP, boot order etc.).
I'm not afraid of losing that I know how to set those. what I'm afraid of losing is the compatibility between my 2200g and a b350 chipset

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes and this is what I'm saying, I'm assuming they are compatible because you updated your BIOS to take the 2200g?

If so, you don't lose the BIOS update, the CMOS reset does not revert the BIOS version, just reverts the settings in your current BIOS to default values.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Yes and this is what I'm saying, I'm assuming they are compatible because you updated your BIOS to take the 2200g?

If so, you don't lose the BIOS update, the CMOS reset does not revert the BIOS version, just reverts the settings in your current BIOS to default values.
It works now! I cant thank you enough I was worried I somehow bricked my PC

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
No problem, glad I could help my friend.

It sounds like you overclocked to the point where your components couldn't handle it. It is a delicate and trial and error process, you can damage your components through OC - obviously just be cautious and test along the way.

Either way, glad you got it sorted!

TRENDING THREADS