[SOLVED] Pc wont boot

Feb 1, 2020
I am panicking so much after my pc doesnt boot after ram overclock.
My motherboard is A320 and my ram is 3000mhz and when i overclocked it to 3666 mhz my pc is not booting. All that happens is i hear a beep from my speakers and the processor's cooler start spinning but the pc wont boot and the Bios wont appear.

Solution
You might have bricked your memory controller. Anything over 2666 mhz is an OC on that board, 3000mhz is fantastic if you can get it stable but to try for 3666mhz on a board that does not even OFFICIALLY SUPPORT OCing was a moment of madness. RAM OC is a delicate and trying process, Timings, Voltage...... you get something wrong and you can really do damage the the memory controller on the CPU or fry your slots/RAM sticks.
You might have bricked your memory controller. Anything over 2666 mhz is an OC on that board, 3000mhz is fantastic if you can get it stable but to try for 3666mhz on a board that does not even OFFICIALLY SUPPORT OCing was a moment of madness. RAM OC is a delicate and trying process, Timings, Voltage...... you get something wrong and you can really do damage the the memory controller on the CPU or fry your slots/RAM sticks.

Solution

zx128k

Reputable
Some A320 advertise RAM OC's of up too 3200 (A320M-GAMING-PRO), going for 3600 right away is very ambitious. Schlachtwolf's post is worth heeding. You should check what your motherboards manufacture states is a reasonable supported overclock. Just take it slow, research what settings are safe and make single small changes to RAM timings. Don't just think your RAM is b-die and put 1.5 volts into it and set the RAM frequency to the max.