[SOLVED] PC Won't boot

Tomhueb

Honorable
May 19, 2016
I have just recently taken a hard drive from 1 PC and put it into another PC. I am now getting both PC's saying 'unable to boot from device' . I have tried different sata cables but nothing seems to work. I am using ssd's as the boot drive for both PC. Just wanted to out a 1TB hard drive into another PC as it wasn't being used.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Did the HDD from 1 PC have the OS on it? If it did, you shouldn't have introduced two drives with OSes on them to one system. You could try and isolate the boot drive in BIOS and have that set to the primary boot device. If you're on Windows 10, you can take note of your older HDD's make and model and set Windows Boot Manager with respect to it's(HDD's) make and model as your primary boot device in BIOS.

Considering this is a troubleshooting thread, you should mention the specs to your entire build and include the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

Lutfij

Titan
Did the HDD from 1 PC have the OS on it? If it did, you shouldn't have introduced two drives with OSes on them to one system. You could try and isolate the boot drive in BIOS and have that set to the primary boot device. If you're on Windows 10, you can take note of your older HDD's make and model and set Windows Boot Manager with respect to it's(HDD's) make and model as your primary boot device in BIOS.

Considering this is a troubleshooting thread, you should mention the specs to your entire build and include the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS