[SOLVED] PC won't boot

Apr 23, 2021
I recently purchased both a new cpu and new motherboard but kept my old ram (compatible with both cpu and mobo I checked) but I am unable to get my system to boot.

I have the ryzen 7 3700x with an Mpg B550 gaming plus motherboard and corsair vengeance Lpx DDR4 3000 ram 2x8GB sticks.

And a 750 watt psu.

The two leads I have are from the Debug lights but there's conflict there as well.

When I use one of my ram sticks I get a DRAM white LED and when I use the other stick I get a CPU white LED debug light.

Here is what I have tried.

I cleared the CMOS

I flashed to the latest bios with no parts in it.

I have tried to boot with both ram sticks in both single and dual channel on both ram channels.

I have tried to boot with a single stick in all four slots

I have reseated my CPU.

I have disconnected and reconnected every single wire in my system.

I have tried quite literally every single option Google has brought to me outside of testing other parts in the board as I do not have access to other parts.

The ram worked perfectly fine before replacing the board and cpu

And the reason I replaced the board and cpu is that I cracked the socket and broke pins off of my previous cpu having misaligned the pins after replacing thermal paste

I did attempt to use my new CPU in the old board before I noticed a crack in the socket but I haven't been able to find other posts about a cracked CPU socket bricking a CPU only that it prevents the board from using a CPU.

I need help figuring this one out.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
It can also be a faulty CPU. Just remove both the RAM modules and start it. If it beeps, that means the CPU is okay. But if it doesn't, it would be worthwhile to carefully check the CPU pins.

BTW what is the error? Is it showing the windows logo? Is it not giving display?

Apr 23, 2021
It can also be a faulty CPU. Just remove both the RAM modules and start it. If it beeps, that means the CPU is okay. But if it doesn't, it would be worthwhile to carefully check the CPU pins.

BTW what is the error? Is it showing the windows logo? Is it not giving display?
It's not displaying also there are no bent pins and no beep

Apr 23, 2021
Check it a bit carefully, the pins are pretty small so its hard to see if they're bent or not.
Appreciate the reply, but it was basically brand new out of the box. It was a ram compatibility issue most likely as new ram (actually the exact same ram with "amd" written on it) worked just fine and the PC is now running just fine. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS