Question Pc wont connect to monitor cpu at fault?

ilovemylaptop

Commendable
Dec 20, 2018
Hi so i just decided to upgrade my pc well waiting for my money to go to my cc to purchase the ryzen 9. At the moment have the ryzen 5 3600, and have gotten the tomahawk b550 my former was the b450. The mb is saying it cannot detect the cpu (red light) so i am hoping thats the problem with connecting to the monitor. Graphic card light looks good, fans are working i am hoping this is the only trouble. Can anyone help or will i have to wait for my new cpu?
sorry i dont know how to send pictures but hope this is detailed enough if it helps i have the gigabyte rtx 2070 super for a gc and the corsair em 750x gold ps. 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd i also just added.

ilovemylaptop

Commendable
Dec 20, 2018
Mounting seems fine and i do have the video going into graphic only thing i can admit was not reapplying fresh thermal but i didnt see a point when the 9 will be here in a week. I do have a cord not connected into the corsair icue h100i but thats the one that is usb and i believe for the lights, which i dont care about. But that shouldnt be the problem i would hope not i don’t know. Just a red light on mb saying its not detected or error is the only lead i have on the problem.

your mobo should recognize the CPU, so check your mounting - also assume you're using the video ports on your GPU and not the motherboard to connect