PC won't connect to wifi

conormoore123098

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
OK so I think this is the correct category to put this under but I have a problem with my pc. When I use my pc the is always a red ❌ thing in the WiFi symbol. Even though my WiFi is on and I can connect to the WiFi easily on my xbox and on my phone, I just can't connect to it on my pc. This happens with all the laptops and pc's my family gets for years on end. It says there are no wifi connections or something like that even though my computer is turned on. When I got the computer did leave something in the packaging and accidentally throw it out? If anyone can help me please respond, thanks.

Solution
on pre built pc the vendor may send you a usb stick that for wifi or they use a wifi card and in the box was the ant for the card. if you look on the back of the pc if there two golden screws or one on a card that the ant port on a pci wifi card. see if you have the black ant that screws on. or pick one up. if there no wifi card on the rig then you need a wifi usb stick.
on pre built pc the vendor may send you a usb stick that for wifi or they use a wifi card and in the box was the ant for the card. if you look on the back of the pc if there two golden screws or one on a card that the ant port on a pci wifi card. see if you have the black ant that screws on. or pick one up. if there no wifi card on the rig then you need a wifi usb stick.

Solution