Question PC won't detect HDD when I know its working

Deksoow

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
So i recently upgrade my case and motherboard and in my old pc all drives worked fine. Now in this system the SSD's are both connected and detected, but the HDD isnt. I've tried everything, I replaced the sata cable, I've used a different SATA power cable, I tried putting in a different drive that I also know works (also not detected), I changed SATA ports on the motherboard. Nothing I do seems to help or have it show up in the BIOS. I'm at a complete and utter loss.

Lutfij

Titan
With your scenario, I think it's best if you can you list your former system's specs and the new system's specs. A before and after would help us two fold. If the PSU is the same(i.e, it's recycled) then I think you should mention the make and model of the unit(apart from the wattage) and it's age.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Deksoow

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
I went from an MSI B450M-A PRO MAX to an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING running bios version 3103, power supply is Corsair VS650 and yes, it was from my old model and it's about 4 years old now, but it all worked perfectly yesterday. The rest of my specs remain the same apart from the case which i dont think makes a lot of difference.

Before: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450M-A PRO MAX, 16GB DDR4-3000MHZ, Corsair VS650. 2 SSD'S, 1TB HDD
After: Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING, 16GB DDR4-3000MHZ, Corsair VS650. 2 SSD'S, 1TB HDD

Deksoow

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
I'm just super confused about the whole thing, it worked yesterday just fine, but now it doesnt? It also takes a LOT longer to boot into windows when i have it plugged in, maybe that indicates something?