Question PC won't display after removing Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenide

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
So I removed my graphics card to confirm what kind of motherboard I had.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-6500
RAM: Crucial DDR4-2133
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 970
MOBO: Asus H110M-C
HDD: 1tb Western Digital Black

Steps I took to remove graphics card:
  1. Shut down PC then turned off power supply with IO switch on back.
  2. Took out HDMI cable/Display Port cable then popped the tab for the graphics card then removed.

Steps I took to put my graphics card back in:
1. Reverse of the steps I took to take out.

I go to turn on my computer and it is booting and everything sounds like it is working (even graphics card, fans are going) but my monitors are displaying nothing. I have tried a single HDMI connection with both monitors and nothing is displaying. Then I proceeded to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard to try and reset the BIOS settings, waited 5 minutes, nothing again. Took out graphics card again also with the ram to try and see if there is any dust built up, I see none but blow some air on it for good measures. Put graphics card and ram back in, started it up and still would not display anything but was booting up. When I first turned it on I turned it on and then about 30 seconds later it would shut off, and then turn itself back on, rinse and repeat. I am not sure what exactly is causing this issue, I have already checked that everything is seated with the ports and checked electrical connnections everything is fine. Did I by chance somehow damage the card when removing it originally? The PC worked completely fine before I took the graphics card no problem. Please let me know any help is appreciated!

Cenide

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Have you tested the board's video ports, graphics card removed?

Unfortunately I do not have a monitor with DVI or VGA on me right now. I was planning on bringing my PC into work to test because we have all the equipment there to do it. Thanks for the reply @alexoiu, if there's anything else you could think of please let me know open to ideas.

Cenide

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Don't know if anyone will see this but just tested it at work today and the VGA port on the MOBO does not display anything either, not sure as to what could cause this. Insufficient power? I have plenty of power but maybe it is not outputting correctly. Any input is gladly appreciated.

Cenide

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Try connecting an internal speaker (not audio speakers) to the board, if header available, and see if any beeps when starting the board with all RAMs removed.

Did not see this till now after work today but a co-worker brought in a spare graphics card today, we put the graphics card in and it was still not displaying anything. @alexoiu , I do not have an internal speaker but I can see if we have one at work. But if not I would assume they are pretty cheap. Any other input is much appreciated, thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.