Question PC won't display and the USB Ports won't work for my keyboard and mouse, but all the fans and RGB is working inside???

May 23, 2020
Hello,

So I built my PC today and had it reunning perfectly, all the system was good and I restarted it a few times to update the bios and what not.

But then I ran into an issue of my SSD not showing so I changed it's slot and then finally I could access it!

So then I wanted to move my windows over to my SSD, so I clonned the HDD to my SSD and restarted my computer because I wanted to changed the boot up drive via the BIOS.

But now all I get is a blank screen and now error message or anything - and now my keyboard or mouse don't even light up like they aren't even connected

My Specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI X470 Gaming Pro
Geforce RTX 2060
16GB Viper Ram

Please help i'm going crazy!!!

popatim

Titan
Disconnect the HDD and plug the cables into the SSD (so the SSD is in the exact same Sata port the HDD was) and see if that fixes it. Motherboards can get confused if it see's two identical boot drives.

May 23, 2020
So i reset the cmos ? i think that's what it's called as it was reccomended by a video I watched and it worked! system is all back up and runnung.

But my HDD is still set up as where windows 10 is operating from I think, even though I cloned the files over and I also changed the boot driver via the bios.... any idea how I could change that?

Thanks for the help before btw

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS