Pc won't display anything

bobbae

Reputable
May 16, 2014
So one day I was using my pc and then the screen suddenly went white and I couldn't do anything except hard shut down by holding the power button. So I turn on my computer again and then it starts repairing one of my hard drives (my mass storage drive, not my drive with the OS on it) and it successfully repairs and I log into my computer and all is fine. A few minutes later it goes back to the white screen and I have to hard shut down again. I try to turn it back on and this time it boots but nothing displays on the monitor. It just says no signal. I appreciate any help! If I should be more specific please let me know!

System components:
Intel i5 4460
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Biostar Z87x 3D motherboard
XFX R9 280
KINGSTON SSDNOW V300 120 GB
WD Blue 1 TB
NZXT S340

Monitor:
Acer H226HQL

Try running your PC with a minimal set of components(1 RAM module, no storage drives, use the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated one).
After that start putting the components back in the case one by one and start the PC each time you add something to verify if the componennt added is the cause of your problem.

bobbae

Reputable
May 16, 2014
Update: I removed my video card and now it boots and the pc is fine. I think somethings wrong with the video card? The fans on it still spin when it's in the system though. Is there a way to revive this graphics card? :(