Question PC won't display correct time

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
Hi guys,

As the title says, my desktop doesn't display the correct time no matter what I try.

On the very odd occasion it will display the correct time, but then a little while later skip back/forward a few hours. For example, when I'm typing this out it is currently 15th Feb, 00:51AM. However, my computer is displaying that is is 10:51AM.

I have tried adjusting the time zone in the settings, doesn't let me change it. I have tried all different time zones, isn't allowing me to select any.

I have tried to turn off automatic time and set it manually, but when I do and press the "change" button, nothing happens.

I'm sure this may be a simple fix and it's not a massive issue but it does get pretty confusing when I try to set notifications for things at certain times and they're going off hours earlier/later than needed.

Any ideas? cheers :)

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
A dead battery usually causes a system to lose time when the system is powered off.

What source is this PC using to automatically set its time?

In reply to your last message, I am using Windows 10 and it is all updated.

I just had a double check on my control panel > date and time and tried to select "change date and time" which is an administrative option. When I click it, it says I don't have the privileges to do so, even though my account is set to admin and I am the only account on the system, very strange.