Question PC wont display on screen

Jul 17, 2019
Hi guys, so my PC isnt all that new its been with me for almost 3 years now and its been working fine up till now. this is the following scenario that happened today: I turn on my pc and the peripherals light up for a second then turn off again, the monitor power light is green but the screen is black and all fans are moving in the pc, so i disconnected the power cord, took off the ram and gpu and put them back, held the power button for a minute and reconnected it, the pc ran and it said diagnosing ur pc, then after a while windows was about to work fine and i was logging in but then the black screen was back and it took like 3 mins then it took me to this low res startup repair page and im not sure what im supposed to do from here.

Specs:
Asus GTX 1060
Intel i5 6500
16GB RAM
750W Corsair PSU

Sorry for the long post I just dont know how else to explain this. thanks in advance

Jul 17, 2019
Does it give you the option to start windows normally?
yes it does, also quick update, it seemed to kept going on that loop of disconnecting and taking me to that page, so i started windows in safe mode then restarted and so far its working fine and im using it to reply to this post right now but theres no telling if it will happen again, is there anything I can do to avoid this problem?

update: yeah it happened again, i was peacefully watching youtube and the screen suddenly went black and the pc rebooted and did the diagnosing ur pc thing and took me back to the startup repair page

Last edited: