Question PC wont display on startup after installing additional RAM

Sep 5, 2020
Hi all, below is my existing setup:
MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i5 9600K 3.7 GHz Processor
Corsair Vengeance RGB Black PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6GB OC Graphics Card

I have purchased another 16gb of RAM exactly the same model as already in my machine to increase the capacity to 32gb. After installing my PC starts up but no display is shown and no keyboard lights up ect. On my mother board the DRAM light is on an occasional flicks to the CPU light under the EZZ debug LEDs. Anyone able to help me resolve? If i take the two new RAM cartridges out PC starts up just fine. Existing RAM installed in slots 3 & 4 if that helps?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? See if there are any updates pending. If you do have a number of BIOS pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. Take note if you're advised to update the MEI in between BIOS updates.

Might want to pass a picture of the stickered part of the rams, in case they are different versions of the same kit.

FYI, slots 3 and 4 don't mean anything. If you're on the older kit, populate slots A2 and B2. If you're adding the new kit, use slots A1 and B1.

Sep 5, 2020
Make and model of your PSU? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? See if there are any updates pending. If you do have a number of BIOS pending, gradually work your way to the latest version. Take note if you're advised to update the MEI in between BIOS updates.

Might want to pass a picture of the stickered part of the rams, in case they are different versions of the same kit.

FYI, slots 3 and 4 don't mean anything. If you're on the older kit, populate slots A2 and B2. If you're adding the new kit, use slots A1 and B1.

thankyou for the quick reply! my Bios did need an update which I have completed and still the same issue. My psu is ‘Corsair CX650 650W Bronze ATX and Image here https://ibb.co/NLPPsRx of side my side of the label on the new(too) and existing(bottom)RAM

Sep 5, 2020
Another thing that may be useful, my PC will only start up properly if the RAM's are inserted into slots B1 & B2 and thats how it has always been set up prior to trying to add the new RAM