[SOLVED] PC wont display on Tv!!

Jan 28, 2019
So im having this problem where my pc wont display on my 4k tv using 60hz. Its weird bc If I connect it to both a monitor and a tv using dvi and hdmi then both screens light up. but if I disconnect the monitor it wont display at all as if the tv cant read the signal. Its been bugging me since the monitor is a really cheap one so I dont want to have both on to use one. Funny enough if I plug it on an hdmi source that only supports 4k 30hz then it works fine..... the hdmi cable is 2.0 so idk if its the tv or something with the pc causing the problem.

Solution
Just to be sure, dont have no cable connected to the graphics card other than Hdmi and not just disconnect monitor end, disconnect both DVI ends.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
So the TV works if you lower the Hz to 30?

List your pc specs.

For hdr 4k60 Hdmi 2 compliant graphics card is required. Hdmi 2 spec began from Radeon 4xx series and GTX 9xx series. Earlier gens if have a Displayport connection can use an adapter. Club3D Displayport to Hdmi 2 for example.

Jan 28, 2019

1080ti nvidia, i7-6700k, 64-bit operating system, with A8F sony tv. I used an adapter dvi to hdmi for tv but its only capable of 4k 30hz. For some reason hdmi direct doesnt display. If I have both monitor and tv connected, it works hdmi directly 4k60hz, so it blows my mind how it can work 100% but as soon as I disconnect my dvi from monitor it takes away my image from my tv as well.