[SOLVED] Pc won't display, Thanks for the help in advance.

Jun 2, 2021
Problem: Pc won't start. fans turn on, leds on, no display to monitor,

Recently my daughters old pc broke(water damage) so I decided to upgrade the pc a little. After replacing some of the old parts i can't get it to display anything. Fans turn on, leds turn on. Only old parts left in the pc is the hdd, gpu, psu, and case I verified the video card and monitor still worked with my pc. Any advice would be appreciated. I am curious about one thing though. This mobo has 12 pin for the cpu instead of 4/8. Do i need all 12 on this? Everything i've read so far says that I only need to use the 12 pin when running extreme OC, other wise 8pin is fine. Gpu is a old rx570.

new parts installed:
-asrock z590 phantom gaming 4
-i5-10600kf
-corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2933
-liquid cooler

Things i've checked:
-I've reseated ram/gpu (including checking manual to verify in dim 1-2)
-checked the cpu seating.
-Tried starting with minimum parts.(mobo, psu, cpu, ram 1 stick)
-Used my pc's power supply to verify that but still had no display
-cleared cmos (shouldn't matter here since it's new parts though)

Solution

Recently my daughters old pc broke(water damage) so I decided to upgrade the pc a little. After replacing some of the old parts i can't get it to display anything. Fans turn on, leds turn on. Only old parts left in the pc is the hdd, gpu, psu, and case I verified the video card and monitor still worked with my pc. Any advice would be appreciated. I am curious about one thing though. This mobo has 12 pin for the cpu instead of 4/8. Do i need all 12 on this? Everything i've read so far says that I only need to use the 12 pin when running extreme OC, other wise 8pin is fine. Gpu is a old rx570.

new parts installed:
-i5-10600kf...

new parts installed:
-i5-10600kf
-corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2933
-liquid cooler

Things i've checked:
-I've reseated ram/gpu (including checking manual to verify in dim 1-2)
-checked the cpu seating.
-Tried starting with minimum parts.(mobo, psu, cpu, ram 1 stick)
-Used my pc's power supply to verify that but still had no display
-cleared cmos (shouldn't matter here since it's new parts though)
Intel processors with an F do not have IGPU so you need a working dedicated GPU.

Solution