PC won't display video/enter BIOS. Reviving an old rig.

Mar 3, 2018
Trying to bring back an "old" cpu/motherboard for a 2nd pc to mainly keep in basement for VR. Can't get video to display or bios to boot.
Asus Z97
i74790k
2 GTX 970s.
16gb Corsaire Vengence ddr3.

This used to be my main rig, so it was all working at one point. Upgraded to 8th gen processor and 1080ti, but used same case with intention of building the basement VR rig later.

Flash forward to now. I've obtained a cpu fan (Some $40-50 CoolerMaster) and a new PSU (Powerspec 750W) Wired everything up with what I knew to be correct. LED's are on, fans are spinning, but cannot get video to display.
During my troubleshooting/wiring/re-wiring, I noticed what seemed to be a bad sound. "eeeeEEEEEEEEEE zzzzt". Happened with 2 seconds, PC shut off. I disconnect everything to see whats happening. I somehow managed to slot 1 of the 4 pin connectors into only 2 of the ports of the motherboard. Bottoms from PSU>Tops of MOBA. I have a feeling I've fried my CPU, and was just hoping to get confirmation.

Ohter troublshooting I've done was replaced the CMOS battery and tried resetting the MOBA with the jumpers.
I've tried booting with only 1 stick of ram and no GPU. Nothing.
Troubleshooting so far:
reset CMOS and replaced battery (I'm thinking this might've been original problem, battery replacement was after hearing weird sound)
Tried booting with no gpu and 1 stick of ram.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Tom's!
Since this is essentially a new build, I am going to refer you to our general troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Work through the list. WORK!, not just read!
If you still have issues, come back here with the results of working EACH step in the list, and we will try to help.
Since we can neither see nor touch your PC the results give us valuable information that will allow us to eliminate common problems and possible errors to give you a reasoned diagnosis. Help us to help you!