[SOLVED] PC won't display , Yellow DIMM light on MOBO (ROG B450-F)

Mar 29, 2020
Hey everyone! So, my PC was working superbly the other day, as I was running demanding games flawlessly and the like. That was all until I shut my PC down from the start menu. After that I wanted to power it up again because I forgot to look at something, and then I noticed that my monitors wouldn't display anything despite unplugging the AC cables, HDMIs, and even re-seating the GPU. Eventually I got it to boot again (albeit slowly) /tested out some games and everything was fine. And then it stopping booting up again when I shut it down from the start menu. Today I tried re-seating the GPU/RAM, plugging the front panel connectors back in, unplugging the 24 pin connector, the 8 pin CPU connector, shorted and reinstalled the CMOS - but everytime the I get the yellow DIMM light (which indicates a RAM problem for my motherboard) near my RAM slots. Any help?

Also, I've had this setup for some months now (it's an upgrade), so I already updated the BIOS on my MOBO for my Ryzen.

Specs:
RTX 2070 8GB
Ryzen 5 3600 6-core
1TB HDD
500 GB Samsung Evo SSD
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB
Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MOBO
EVGA NEX650G PSU

Solution
Hey have you figured it out?

I went to my local computer store where i got the parts and they said it was a Mobo problem and i got another board.. and same thing happening tooday..

We have the exact same core components too

RTX 2080Ti
Ryzen 7 3700X
1TB WD Black NVME
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (3600MHZ)
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Corsair RM650 PSU

If you take out your Ram and put it in another slot, at least for me it boots... Im going back to the store today and going to exchange the ram....

Edit: RESOLVED!

I've exchanged my Ram for another set of Corsair RGB Pro 16GB (2X8GB) however this time downgraded from 3600 MHZ to 3200MHZ however i dont think its the memory speed that caused it.

I believe its a bad set of sticks, but to be...
Apr 25, 2020
Hey have you figured it out?

I went to my local computer store where i got the parts and they said it was a Mobo problem and i got another board.. and same thing happening tooday..

We have the exact same core components too

RTX 2080Ti
Ryzen 7 3700X
1TB WD Black NVME
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (3600MHZ)
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Corsair RM650 PSU

If you take out your Ram and put it in another slot, at least for me it boots... Im going back to the store today and going to exchange the ram....

Edit: RESOLVED!

I've exchanged my Ram for another set of Corsair RGB Pro 16GB (2X8GB) however this time downgraded from 3600 MHZ to 3200MHZ however i dont think its the memory speed that caused it.

I believe its a bad set of sticks, but to be sure i moved to 3200mhz because they were only ones left in stock at my local stores that had samsung b-dies and not micron. I wouldve stuck with 3600MHZ if my local store or amazon had them in stock.

I would suggest you swapping the ram as well.

Update 4/27/2020
The 3200MHZ wasnt cutting it so i exchanged for a different brand of 3600MHZ and same issue!!!

Did some more testing and digging. If you enable DOCP on the 3600MHZ it will cause the dimm light to turn on and not boot.

Solution: Check your Bios version the latest 3003 causes this issue!! i downgraded to 2901 and bam everything works and no dimm led light/ or dimm led turned on at all... booted up just fine.

Last edited:
Solution