[SOLVED] PC won't even boot into Windows

XxDarkus101Xx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2016
hello, ok sonyoday [?]

My PC was working fine until today i came upstairs from working out and I noticed my pc was restarted. Once it did that, it keeps saying "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. Critical_process_died".
Then it started to do a startup repair and then went to "diagnosing your pc" and then it keeps saying "your pc did not start correctly."

I have LITERALLY tried EVERYTHING and still nothing works. I even tried to reinstall windows from my usb by going to the bios and setting the boot priority to my usb and not windows manager or whatever the name of it was and it would always boot into the bios menu. I can't EVEN reset my PC to factory settings and erasing everything because it keeps saying "there was a problem resetting your pc".

I even went to command prompt and did sfc /scannow and that did not work or any other commands and i cannot even boot into safe mode because it would always go back to that same "blue screen of death page critical_proccess_died" . Please what do I do to make this nightmare go away? I am feeling sick right now that i cannot do anything.

P.S. i forgot to mention that i was trying to install an old nvidia graphics driver and it was installing, but it failed in the middle of installation, so i just updated the driver from nvidia to the latest version. I hope this display driver doesn't have anything to do with it.

Solution
I downloaded tbe bootable from the website onto a usb and everytime i set the priority to usb, it always goes back to the bios screen.
What is "tbe bootable" ?

To make windows installation media you have to download media creation tool.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Run it. Do not copy media creation tool to usb!
By running the tool you create windows installation media (requires 8GB USB flash drive).

Anyway - I'd suspect hardware issue in your system.
Anything overclocked? Remove all overclocks and try again.

Lutfij

Titan
It might have something to do with the issue. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, did you create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Which version were you on prior? At this point, it can also be that your SSD/HDD might be failing or it can't get the necessary power when you've mentioned dropping in a discrete GPU into the build.

XxDarkus101Xx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2016
CPU - i9 9900k
Motherboard - asus maximus hero xi (wi-fi)
Ram - trident z royal 3600mhz
SSD - samsung evo 970 1 or 2tb( cant remember how much) and western digital 4tb
GPU - EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080ti
PSU - EVGA gold 1300w
Windows 10 64bit
I downloaded tbe bootable from the website onto a usb and everytime i set the priority to usb, it always goes back to the bios screen.
I doubt its a hardware issue because it was working percectly before i installed that old driver and maybe messed up everything. My display driver has got to be the culprit. If not, i dont know what is.

What is "tbe bootable" ?

To make windows installation media you have to download media creation tool.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Run it. Do not copy media creation tool to usb!
By running the tool you create windows installation media (requires 8GB USB flash drive).

Anyway - I'd suspect hardware issue in your system.
Anything overclocked? Remove all overclocks and try again.

Last edited:
Solution

XxDarkus101Xx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2016
Opps sorry yeah thats what i meant. I got the media installation tool on the usb but it wasn't an iso file. I was just probably using the wrong file or something from Microsoft. Also there is nothibg thats overclocked. I havent downloaded that iso file yet because right now im at work, but i will definitely let you know what happens when i try that. I get off around 4:00 so i will try that and let you know. I still doubt its a hardware issue though because if my pc was working fine until i did that stupid mistake and messed everything, then it should still be fine if i am able to reinstall windows.

BTW - you don't just copy iso file to USB flash drive.
With iso file you have to use progamm like rufus to make properly bootable flash drive.

XxDarkus101Xx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2016
Alright guys, i have successfully reinstalled a fresh new copy of windows 10. Bummer gotta redownload all my games and such but at least its working correctly now. Just want to say thank you to everyone for the help. Really appreciate it. :)