PC Won't Factory Reset, Spontaneously Restarts, And All Games Crash

nickanator845

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
My new gaming rig has been working great for about a month, but on Monday (2/12/18) I was playing Fortnite and wanted to go play Destiny 2 so I closed Fortnite and went to D2. D2 wouldn't open so I went back to Fortnite which also didn't open so I went to Chrome to see what was going on but Chrome said "there was an issue" (however this happens on and off and is currently working again). After trying to figure out what was going on for a full day I decided that I needed to factory reset the PC but every time i try, it fails. I've Googled it and I even went into system32 to try to fix it like in some of the articles but that didn't fix it either. I have noticed that it seems to only be the things on my two SSDs that don't work though. Everything else is fine except for my games (which are on the Game Drive in the parts list below) or all the stuff on my Boot Drive (also below, and also where Chrome is installed. Only Chrome and my OS is on this one).

System:

Processor-
i7-7700K @4.2GHz (not OCed)
RAM-
Corsiar Vengence 8GBx2 @3000Hz
Graphics Card-
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3
Motherboard-
MSI Z270 Gaming M7
CPU Cooler-
Corsair H110i
Power Supply-
EVGA 750W Gold

Storage Drives:

Drive With Windows 10 Pro-
Corsair Force LS 60GB (SSD)
Drive For Games-
Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Drive For General Storage-
WD Black 1TB HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Solution
reset is not very reliable, if you want to do a full reset its just as easy to fresh install onto the ssd (since you only have win 10 and chrome on it).

Are the games from Steam? You should be able to reuse the games libraries you have now on that nvme by downloading the steam client and making the default location for steam library the old folders on nvme, Steam should find games and save you downloading again.
Copy any documents or files you want to save off the 60gb ssd

If you don't have a win 10 installer, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
reset is not very reliable, if you want to do a full reset its just as easy to fresh install onto the ssd (since you only have win 10 and chrome on it).

Are the games from Steam? You should be able to reuse the games libraries you have now on that nvme by downloading the steam client and making the default location for steam library the old folders on nvme, Steam should find games and save you downloading again.
Copy any documents or files you want to save off the 60gb ssd

If you don't have a win 10 installer, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution