Aug 1, 2020
I'm at my wits end. I formatted my storage like 5 times now, I reinstalled Windows 5 times, and even updated the BIOS as well. I also factory reset Windows and uninstalled all drivers, games, EVERYTHING on the PC. I've been out of a PC for quite some time now due to an (or what I thought it was) unknown error from my Motherboard. Got my Motherboard working but now my PC doesnt want to work right and when I say "work right" it won't go to sleep. Instead it just reboots and reboots. Even when I force it to sleep it just reboots. Also when I enter the boot menu, it has me reselect my boot drive all over again (I'm new to PC building, I dont know If this is a thing or not) I'm seriously reconsidering replacing the Motherboard, the RAM and Storage devices because I looked on all other forums on the internet and they say its possibly hardware issue and If it is, it's either of the 3 I listed before. Can anyone help me before I waste more money (like I said, at my wits end)

Aug 1, 2020
It would be good to know your exact setup, so motherboard make and model, CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD and Power Supply....please.
  • CPU
    Ryzen 3800x
  • Motherboard
    X570 Aorus Master
  • RAM
    GSkill Trident Z RGB 32gb (16gb x 2)
  • GPU
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT
  • Case
    NZXT H710
  • Storage
    SK Hynix Gold 250gb + WD Black 6TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 850w
  • Display(s)
    ViewSonic VX3258-2KC-mhd
  • Cooling
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
  • Mouse
    HyperX Pulsefire Dart
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Okay a couple of things to try.

1. According to a lot of posts on this issue, turning off the Fast Startup feature helps fix the issue in most cases. Go to Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional power settings Click Choose what the power button does, then click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Then, disable the Turn on fast startup feature.
  2. Ram can also be an issue with Ryzen. Try just one stick of ram and see if that stops the reboot issue. Sometimes just putting the RAM in to the other slots especially with a Gigabyte motherboard can work wonders.
  3. Also worth a look https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/restarts-when-waking-from-sleep.3301458/
  4. Having owned Gigabyte boards and currently using there Aorus Z490 motherboard, I know how bad there APP centre is and the apps that come with the motherboard, If you have installed APP center and any Gigabyte APPs, I would remove them as they always tend to cause issues...Love Gigabyte boards but there home made apps have a fair few issues...
Still looking around for other solutions and hopefully others will jump in who have had similar issues...

Also double check your SATA cable connections as sometimes the connection can be loose and causes the reboot and select proper drive.

If that is okay, try this...Unplug your secondary HD leaving only your primary SSD installed and then go into BIOS and make sure it is set as the primary boot drive, then save and reboot. Then shut down and reinstall the HD and reboot...fingers crossed the boot drive issue should be back to normal.

Aug 1, 2020
Also double check your SATA cable connections as sometimes the connection can be loose and causes the reboot and select proper drive.

If that is okay, try this...Unplug your secondary HD leaving only your primary SSD installed and then go into BIOS and make sure it is set as the primary boot drive, then save and reboot. Then shut down and reinstall the HD and reboot...fingers crossed the boot drive issue should be back to normal.

Thanks for your help UKmax,
I did most of all of what you just suggested and they were all ended in failure so I was thinking about getting all new components anyways, I DID buy the x570 Aorus Master when it just came out 1-2 weeks later and it did this only 4 months of operation so it might be possible that I have a lemon. And I seen that Aorus released a newer revised X570 Master (1.1/1.2). The power supply did raise a few flags however because an indicator of a faulty PSU is random reboots (not what is happening here) and it did do that alot so I might switch brands and get some sleeved cables as well and I might ditch my dark rock pro 4 for an AIO. I am still fine with my CPU and GPU. Getting off topic, thanks for your help

Reactions: vMax
No problems at all and only wished I could have helped...As to the AIO, I have been using AIO's since the start and they really have come good and do a great job on the cooling front.

I was hoping others would jump in with some more suggestions and hopefully a solution, as there are so really clever people on here..but all the very best..

Thanks for your help UKmax,
I did most of all of what you just suggested and they were all ended in failure so I was thinking about getting all new components anyways, I DID buy the x570 Aorus Master when it just came out 1-2 weeks later and it did this only 4 months of operation so it might be possible that I have a lemon. And I seen that Aorus released a newer revised X570 Master (1.1/1.2). The power supply did raise a few flags however because an indicator of a faulty PSU is random reboots (not what is happening here) and it did do that alot so I might switch brands and get some sleeved cables as well and I might ditch my dark rock pro 4 for an AIO. I am still fine with my CPU and GPU. Getting off topic, thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS