[SOLVED] Pc won't go to sleep

andretoniste

Commendable
Aug 23, 2017
So my pc has gone to sleep like it's supposed to for many years, but now it simply won't do it. I can do it manually, but it won't go on a timer like it has previously. I have tried all the solutions I found on the internet ( mostly changing settings in device manager to allow the computer to sleep and also in power and sleep options) but none of them have fixed the problem. The changes I have made to the pc recently is upgrading my gpu, psu, added a few external fans and also updated a few drivers. But that shouldn't affect pc going to sleep right? Also when I restart my pc it seems to go to sleep 1 time and when I wake it up it won't do it again until I restart it again. I'd be very thankful if someone could help!

Solution
Hello

I was wondering if you already tried creating a new user account and a new Power Plan, and applied the new plan to the new user account?

You may also want to give an older version of GPU driver a try. Sometime, the most recent version of drivers fail to work correctly due to compatibility issues.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Thanks for the reply, but I got the problem fixed by searching which programs were preventing the pc from sleeping and it turned out it was for some reason my USB audio driver. I think something went wrong in its installation and it was preventing the pc from sleeping. I reinstalled the driver and now everything is fine!
Hello

I was wondering if you already tried creating a new user account and a new Power Plan, and applied the new plan to the new user account?

You may also want to give an older version of GPU driver a try. Sometime, the most recent version of drivers fail to work correctly due to compatibility issues.

Cheers!!

andretoniste

Commendable
Aug 23, 2017
Hello

Cheers!!

Thanks for the reply, but I got the problem fixed by searching which programs were preventing the pc from sleeping and it turned out it was for some reason my USB audio driver. I think something went wrong in its installation and it was preventing the pc from sleeping. I reinstalled the driver and now everything is fine!

Solution