PC wont launch after adding another stick of ram.

Johny2Fingers

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
I have an msi b85-g41 pc mate motherboard and it has 4 memory slots for ddr3 ram. I already had 2 hyperX ram sticks, one being 4gb 1600mhz and one 2gb 1333mhz. It automatically downclocked the faster stick so both ran at 1333mhz. I just bought another 2gb 1333mhz ram stick and when I launch my machine it just gives me a black screen, not even showing the bios splash screen. I know the new ram isnt faulty, because I tried running it with both the 4gb and the 2gb sticks I already had. I tried every combination of rams and slots but I cant get it to launch with all three with my stick. I managed to figure out it only accepts ram when its in the 3rd and 4th slot, when it has rams inserted in any other slots, it wont launch. Any idea what i could do?

Johny2Fingers

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
As I said. The new ram is working while its in either 3rd or 4th slot and it doesnt matter which ever other stick im combining it with, as long as I only use two sticks and they are locked in 3rd and 4th slot. The system wont go past a black screen as soon as I add a third stick.