Jul 12, 2020
I had some trouble with my pc not starting after moving. Turns out the ram had come out so I pushed it back in and it booted like normal, but now when I start or play games it will keep running the game but nothing in game will load. Such as I can walk around but new objectives or pressing a or b to interact with stuff will not work and cannot save or load. I try to open task manager at this point but it does not open also if I try ctrl alt delete and power off or restart it infinitely says shutting down or restarting. It's odd and I cannot seem to find an answer on google. I can watch movies hours on end without trouble and sometimes games will run fine for an hour or two.

Solution
I had some trouble with my pc not starting after moving. Turns out the ram had come out so I pushed it back in and it booted like normal, but now when I start or play games it will keep running the game but nothing in game will load. Such as I can walk around but new objectives or pressing a or b to interact with stuff will not work and cannot save or load. I try to open task manager at this point but it does not open also if I try ctrl alt delete and power off or restart it infinitely says shutting down or restarting. It's odd and I cannot seem to find an answer on google. I can watch movies hours on end without trouble and sometimes games will run fine for an hour or two.
Try reseat or move the SATA cable to another port. The...
Try reseat or move the SATA cable to another port. The bad SATA connection sometimes make a weird issue like that. And consider to check HDD health.

Reactions: Nitrolag
Solution
Jul 12, 2020
I just started messing with my pc and it seems that the problem was the sata ports that they were plugged into are bad or something and hard drives plugged into the two specific SATA no long show up so I have to plug them into others.