Question PC won't load windows or bios after Mobo swap

Mar 27, 2020
Just bought a gigabyte H370N wifi
To swap out my of Mobo because it got damaged.
Got windows to load once, then pfn bsod
Then it would hang on windows repair
Now the bios will not even appear.

Tried a different, new ssd. Psu is good.
Booted windows from USB after old drive didn't load.

Intention was to update bios and upgrade from i3-8100 to i5-9600kf but haven't gotten that far yet.

Here's a full parts list
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Jakeish/saved/#view=GWmnLk

Disconnect all drives, drop down to a single RAM stick, remove GPU, hook monitor up to mainboard (with i3-8100, as 9600KF will have no usable integrated graphics capability, and, will not function anyway if BIOS version is older),remove power from rear of PSU, and remove BIOS battery, hold/depress reset switch for 20 sec.

Reinsert BIOS battery.

Reconnect power...

Do you have a display?

Mar 27, 2020
I will try this and report back, I'm moving so it's hard to find time to tinker just now. But I suuper appreciate the help.
And yes I have a monitor

Mar 27, 2020
Disconnect all drives, drop down to a single RAM stick, remove GPU, hook monitor up to mainboard (with i3-8100, as 9600KF will have no usable integrated graphics capability, and, will not function anyway if BIOS version is older),remove power from rear of PSU, and remove BIOS battery, hold/depress reset switch for 20 sec.

Reinsert BIOS battery.

Reconnect power...

Do you have a display?

I did all of this, and it worked like a charm. Fresh install and windows ran fine.

Then I downloaded the new bios and updated (most recent from manufacturers site)
Everything was looking fine, but then the pc froze at the windows login screen.

Now it won't load past the bios screen again!!

TRENDING THREADS