PC wont output a signal when graphics card is installed

MrUffle

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
i recently made a new PC form parts i ordered online. the information here that i think is relevant is, the motherboard (MSI B150A) and graphics card (MSI RX Raedon 480 4gb), and the fact the monitor detects no signal from the PC, when the cable is plugged into both the motherboard and the graphics card. I do not have the drivers for the graphics card installed but for the smart-ass 12vie NO THAT ISNT THE PROBLEM. i should be able to take out-put directly from the motherboard without needing the GPU installed. i have heard of this happening when the GPU/RAM isnt seated properly but it seems fairly well seated so can someone please help me with this problem? thanks

Solution
*Edit* Darn just saw you can't detect even on the motherboard....mmmmm Maybe try resetting CMOS or reset BIOS? THen try the steps below.

I recently had a similar issue, maybe this can help?
-Uninstall you graphics card and plug your monitor into the mother boards graphics port.
-Boot into Bios and go to advanaced settings (Next steps may vary based on mother board, I'm using an Asus Z87)
-In advanced mode go to where your graphics configuration is, in my case it's System Agent Config>Graphics Config
-For primary display you should have 2 options IGPU or CPU graphics and PCIE
-Select IGPU or whatever your is called, this will enable your system to utilize the onboard graphics on the motherboard.
-Reboot without installing the graphics...

DMinion

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
*Edit* Darn just saw you can't detect even on the motherboard....mmmmm Maybe try resetting CMOS or reset BIOS? THen try the steps below.

I recently had a similar issue, maybe this can help?
-Uninstall you graphics card and plug your monitor into the mother boards graphics port.
-Boot into Bios and go to advanaced settings (Next steps may vary based on mother board, I'm using an Asus Z87)
-In advanced mode go to where your graphics configuration is, in my case it's System Agent Config>Graphics Config
-For primary display you should have 2 options IGPU or CPU graphics and PCIE
-Select IGPU or whatever your is called, this will enable your system to utilize the onboard graphics on the motherboard.
-Reboot without installing the graphics card yet unless you already did the next step.
-Once rebooted uninstall any previous graphics drivers, you may need a third party program to find them all or do it manually.
-Shutdown computer, install graphics card and boot
-Get necesary drivers from Raedon site and install.
-Reboot into BIOS and change the graphics settings from the previous step to PCIE
-Save and Exit and enjoy!

Hope this helps solve your issues, It drove me nuts because I don't know much about BIOS...so I learned! :)

Solution