Question PC Won't output video and fans go crazy (no beeps without memory)

Apr 7, 2023
My HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF was beeping 3 times with my other cpu, so I took it to a tech guy and he said the cpu just died, ok, I replaced the cpu (i7-3770 to an i5-2500s, for a temporary replacement) but the pc now boots, gives no output video, and like after 30 seconds the power supply fan goes crazy, just like a plane was about the take off, but still no video.

I also have another problem, the pc when I put my graphics card in (quadro k2200) it beeps 4 times, and HP says its a psu overload but I've been using it for months and why the issue is happing now?

The PC doesn't beep without ram, only without a cpu, and YES i HAVE a beeper.

I've tried cleaning ram, resetting the cmos battery, I don't know what to do, I just think I'm going to throw away this pc...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you swap the PSU out for a new unit since the SFF prebuilt is actually running shy of a decade. A PSU that's a decade old will not output the same amount of power it did back when it was brand new.

Apr 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you swap the PSU out for a new unit since the SFF prebuilt is actually running shy of a decade. A PSU that's a decade old will not output the same amount of power it did back when it was brand new.

I don't know, I bought it refurbished so I don't know if they did, you know what could cause the no video and no beep without ram?