[SOLVED] PC won't post after 3 months, 1st time builder

Jul 15, 2020
I built my first gaming PC about 3 months ago, but as of yesterday it won't post and the red CPU light is always on.

Until now the only issue I've had is that sometimes the mobo would remain powered on after shut down, but I usually just switched off the psu manually after shut down. Never had any performance issue and temperatures seemed normal. Not sure what the source of the problem is but it could be related to the previously mentioned power on issue.

Unfortunately I don't have another PC or any spare parts to switch out, so I'm hoping to narrow down the issue before I buy any replacement parts.

Here's my parts list.

Things I've tried:
  • Draining the power supply
  • Reseating the RAM
  • Reseating the GPU
  • Reseating the CPU
  • Checking for bent pins (looks fine)
  • Resetting the CMOS
  • Flashing the BIOS (not sure if I was successful on this one)
pls help thanks :)

Solution
The CPU is spinning, but the case fans and GPU fans are not.
Hmm, i would replace the cables that are connected to your pc case. But before that, i assume that you unplug your psu and hold down the power button for 1 minute or so already yes? If you have done that, try inserting only 1 ram into the mobo and see if it boots. Do this with both rams

poorbugger

Distinguished
I built my first gaming PC about 3 months ago, but as of yesterday it won't post and the red CPU light is always on.

Until now the only issue I've had is that sometimes the mobo would remain powered on after shut down, but I usually just switched off the psu manually after shut down. Never had any performance issue and temperatures seemed normal. Not sure what the source of the problem is but it could be related to the previously mentioned power on issue.

Unfortunately I don't have another PC or any spare parts to switch out, so I'm hoping to narrow down the issue before I buy any replacement parts.

Here's my parts list.

Things I've tried:
  • Draining the power supply
  • Reseating the RAM
  • Reseating the GPU
  • Reseating the CPU
  • Checking for bent pins (looks fine)
  • Resetting the CMOS
  • Flashing the BIOS (not sure if I was successful on this one)
pls help thanks :)
Are the fans spinning when you switch on the pc?

Jul 15, 2020
Hmm, i would replace the cables that are connected to your pc case. But before that, i assume that you unplug your psu and hold down the power button for 1 minute or so already yes? If you have done that, try inserting only 1 ram into the mobo and see if it boots. Do this with both rams
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.