[SOLVED] PC wont POST after GPU's 2 x8-pin connectors are plugged in ?

fiRe_p0weR

Prominent
Jan 13, 2020
I got new mobo + cpu + RAM today to upgrade my old potato.

MOBO: Foxconn H67M-S
CPU: Intel I5 2500
RAM: 4 Corsair sticks of 2GB DDR3 1333mHz

The GPU i decided to keep cuz i find it quite satisfactory (for myself ofcourse), its Sapphire R9 280x VaporX. Now... I got two PSU's and both in 100% working condition (tested with my old config and on another pc), also the GPU is also in 100% working condition (again tested on my old config and on different PC). The two PSU's are: CoolerMaster GX 750W and the other is SeaSonic M12II 520W. The MOBO + CPU + RAM and an HD6570 runs and posts sucessfully, it also posts sucessfully with iGP... it also posts sucessfully with R9 plugged in the PCI-E slot BUT without HDMI and 2x8pin. The HDMI was in the int vid and the pc booted sucessfully. Now what ive tried without effect:

• Tried without RAM - beeps continually (no ram)
  • Tried with 1 ram stick - No signal
  • Tried 4 different HDMI cables + 1 DVI - No signal
  • Tried different primary GPU options in bios - no effect still No signal
  • Tried the MOBO outside the case - No signal

After all these tries, i plugged the R9 in my old mobo (Intel DG31PR) and it posted booted and went into windows, no trouble at all. Also the thermal compound on the GPU chip, the CPU and the mobo northbridge have been freshly laid and the old one carefully cleaned. Ive checked the R9 for compatibility with the mobo and H67M-S is listed as supported model. Please guys... What am i missing? 😭😭😭😭

UPDATE: Tried with 2x6 pins (gpu pwr connectors) and it POSTs, but i get No signal. Tried with left - 6pins, right - 8pins and it also POSTs (altho left - 8pins/right - 6pins = NO POST o_O), but still No signal...

Last edited:
Solution
Found a solution: Had to flash the BIOS. I had A48N1S01 on the mobo (which i think is for another model? o_O, mobo was bought from ebay). I flashed with C29F1P03 and then when i booted windows it installed tons of new drivers one of them was "PCI - PCI bridge", donno if it has anything to do with the problem, but right after reboot and insering the R9 it started perfectly fine 1st time ^.^ felt like posting it cause ive been trying to fix it for 28h straight and i hope it helps someone in the future ^.^

fiRe_p0weR

Prominent
Jan 13, 2020
Found a solution: Had to flash the BIOS. I had A48N1S01 on the mobo (which i think is for another model? o_O, mobo was bought from ebay). I flashed with C29F1P03 and then when i booted windows it installed tons of new drivers one of them was "PCI - PCI bridge", donno if it has anything to do with the problem, but right after reboot and insering the R9 it started perfectly fine 1st time ^.^ felt like posting it cause ive been trying to fix it for 28h straight and i hope it helps someone in the future ^.^

Solution