Ryzen 7 3800X
ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi
Corsair Vengance (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT 8GB
1TB M.2 - Corsair Force
Seasonic Focus GM-750w 80+ Gold PSU
Windows 10 Home
27" 1080p Monitor

OK... so after initial build, everything works fine. Posts on 2nd try (one RAM slot wasn't all the way locked in). Passed through BIOS without changing anything and installed Windows 10, no issues. Installed some basic programs (office, Steam, Razer software) and was in the process of downloading driver updates for the GPU. Driver updates finished installing and was advised to restart to finish updates. Restart initiated... then PC never came back on. Now MOBO will not POST and hangs at the White VGA LED. I've tried all the basic fixes... Reset CMOS (didn't work), Reset CMOS and removed battery (didn't work), Uninstalled every component on MOBO and reset CMOS and Battery (Didn't work). If I initiate BOOT with no GPU installed and the HDMI plugged in to the MOBO, I get the White VGA LED and the GREEN BOOT LED.

I've downloaded the updated BIOS and placed it onto an empty flash drive attempting to reset the BIOS, however, I never get to the option. Also, my wired keyboard has NO power so I can't press F2 or Del. to access BIOS.

I've ordered a GT710 from Amazon to see if that will allow me to get back to the BIOS so I can reset/update them to the latest release. I've seen this as a potential fix on some other boards. However, if that doesn't work... I don't know what else to try. Truthfully, I don't know which part is at fault for causing the hangup.
Any ideas or advice?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS