[SOLVED] PC won't post after installing new graphics card

Mar 29, 2020
Hi,

Looking for some help/advice please,

I'm upgrading graphics card to an RTX 2070 and once installed the PC does not post. No fans etc turn on, the light and motherboard are on but nothing happens.

I put my old GTX 1050 back in, and everything was fine so it is something with the graphics card,

I am using the 8 pin male to dual 6 pin female adaptors to power the graphics card (I bought an aftermarket dual-6 pin male to 8 pin male for the PSU). My PSU is a Corsair CX650M.

Im guessing the graphics card isn't getting enough power? Im trying to find a 8 pin male to 8 pin male to purchase and try, but they seem very rare.

Any help/advice welcome,

Thank you,

Solution
Do not know the model of your RTX 2070 if its two ports one has 8 Pins and one has 6 pins then it should power up what pin cables dose your PSU have because I would ditch the aftermarket dual cables and try using your PSU cables that come with it!

Picture if you have these cables should come with your power unit. Use the 8 Pin on the 1st port and then use 6 pin plus that two pin in the other one thats if you have the wires!

8FtDvYq.png
Managed to solve the problem today, turns our the Corsair CX650M wasn't powerful enough for the card. Upgraded to a RM850x which came today, and the system powered up with no problem!
Do not know the model of your RTX 2070 if its two ports one has 8 Pins and one has 6 pins then it should power up what pin cables dose your PSU have because I would ditch the aftermarket dual cables and try using your PSU cables that come with it!

Picture if you have these cables should come with your power unit. Use the 8 Pin on the 1st port and then use 6 pin plus that two pin in the other one thats if you have the wires!

8FtDvYq.png

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020

8FtDvYq.png
Thanks for the reply!

This is the graphics card I have https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RTX2070S-O8G-EVO/

It only has 1x 8 pin for power,

Unfortunately I don't have the cables that came with the PSU as it was a few years ago(n)

Mar 29, 2020

8FtDvYq.png
Managed to solve the problem today, turns our the Corsair CX650M wasn't powerful enough for the card. Upgraded to a RM850x which came today, and the system powered up with no problem!

Solution