Question Pc won't post after power outage.

Jan 2, 2020
So a few weeks ago there was a 5 second blackout late at night. The Pc turned off and then back on again, I went to sleep as I watched it turn on and then show the windows 10 home screen where you have to press space-bar or enter to log into the pc. Everything was fine, supposedly. Next morning the monitor doesnt show anything. The central unit is turned on, LED's on, fans spinning.

I reboot it from the power button, fans spinning, GPU good, HDD's making the spinning sound as they turn on as well...no beep...no output.
Before, When it posted, my PC made a lil beep to give more feedback. its been like this ever since it was created. The motherboard has power, I do not know what the problem can be.
If you know a solution please post it.
I have an intel core 2 duo 3.33 ghz with a Gt 710, ik, trash.4gb of unknown ram and a 450W PSU. The motherboard is some kind of ancient Asus, I dont know its model.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

That "lil beep" is likely some error code from the motherboard.

Go to the motherboard's manufacturer's website and search for the applicable motherboard User Guide/Manual.

Refer to the manual regarding beep codes, debug LED's and the troubleshooting section for diagnostic purposes.

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?

Jan 2, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

That "lil beep" is likely some error code from the motherboard.

Go to the motherboard's manufacturer's website and search for the applicable motherboard User Guide/Manual.

Refer to the manual regarding beep codes, debug LED's and the troubleshooting section for diagnostic purposes.

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?
That little beep is the motherboard telling me it posted, its not an error because now there is no sound.
What I meant was, before, when it posted it made that beep, now it wont make any beep and only the fans spin.

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that 450 watt PSU? Make and model?

Heavy gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining use?

PSU's provide different voltages to the motherboard and installed components.

So if any given voltage fails or is even out of spec the motherboard have have power but the overall system will not work.,

My thought is that the power outage was likely followed by some surge and that surge, in turn, damaged the PSU.

Do you have access to another PSU for testing purposes?

Also: any other power devices inline between wall outlet and computer (e.g., extension cords, surge protectors, power bars, UPS)?

If so, bear in mind that they could be damaged as well.

Reactions: FabioKun22
Jan 2, 2020
How old is that 450 watt PSU? Make and model?

Heavy gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining use?

PSU's provide different voltages to the motherboard and installed components.

So if any given voltage fails or is even out of spec the motherboard have have power but the overall system will not work.,

My thought is that the power outage was likely followed by some surge and that surge, in turn, damaged the PSU.

Do you have access to another PSU for testing purposes?

Also: any other power devices inline between wall outlet and computer (e.g., extension cords, surge protectors, power bars, UPS)?

If so, bear in mind that they could be damaged as well.
Its pretty old. Its a corsair, I had this PC since 2015 and the last game I played on it was roblox. I have a power cord bcs I cant reach, ill try plugging it directly into the wall.