Pc wont post after removing overclock

Qenetor

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hello.

My pc was running fine and well untill I removed my overclocks and rturned them to auto settings in bios. Now it wont post at all. It boots up but wont post. It flashes the cpu debug light for a couple of seconds and goes off. After it pops up a boot devices debug light.

I tried to reset bios settings by shorting the correct pins but it dodnt help.

Ryzen 1600
Msi pc mate b350
2x8 g.skill ripjaw 3200
Gtx 1070 ti
650 supernova gold
1tb HDD
500G 860 evo ssd

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
I had a similar issue last year with a different MSI board, I set to Auto, but it tried to retain some of the OC settings and not others, and crashed out, and still didnt reset them correctly when the BIOS was cleared.

I had to manually reset everything to the correct settings, and then it booted correctly.

Qenetor

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

Did already, didnt help.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
When you took the battery out, did you also short the pins? Otherwise the capacitors in the boards own regulation circuits might keep the BIOS going for an hour.
The reset pins to short out are close to the battery itself; usually a set of 3 pins, with a jumper on pins 1&2; move the jumper to 2&3, wait a few seconds, then move it back; replace the battery and try to boot into the BIOS. If there is no jumper, any conductive metal will do.

Qenetor

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

I am not sure what I did but i got it to work. I justvremlved mpst of the components excluding cpu and psu and then reassembled it and now it works. Maybe the switching the rams places did it.