May 8, 2020
I just built my first gaming PC. The problem is it won't POST for the very first time or after shutting it down for a long period of time (30 mins - several hours). To be able to boot up to the Windows desktop, I need to go to the BIOS first (even without doing anything and just Exiting without Saving). The system will restart and will booth directly to the desktop. If I shut it down again for just a very few minutes (1-10 mins) it will reboot normally to the desktop without having the VGA LED turned on the motherboard and accessing to the BIOS again. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this problem. The GPU seems working fine because I can play games without interruption after PC reboots directly to the desktop.

I just built the PC a week ago and these are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 X 6 core, 12 Thread Processor
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro Wifi Rev 1.0
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
MEMORY: Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS100T2B0C
GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
PSU: EVGA 650 BQ 80 Plus Bronze

I have tried to switch the RAMS, the PCIE cable from the graphics card. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Jun 19, 2020
Hi, I have just recently built my first PC as well with a similar build - I am having the same issues as you. Did you wind up finding a solution?