Jun 5, 2013
So my PC suddenly went off but not entirely. Here's what's working -

CPU fan spins
Case fan spins
RAM rgb lits up.
GPU rgb and fans work.
PSU fans work.

Here’s what doesn't work -
  1. PC won't post, i.e. no display, no mouse, no keyboard.
  2. Holding down the power button won't turn off.

Here’s what I have tried -
  1. Reattaching all cables.
  2. Clearing CMOS by shorting the required pins. 3. Booting with one RAM at a time.

I reckon the issue might be due to increasing my ram frequency even though it supports 3000mhz. I did it 2 days ago and it was working fine when I was gaming but the crash occurred when I was using nothing but chrome and Spotify.

Some context - So in the past 2 days I've had the issue for the 3rd time. The first 2 times I tried reattaching some cables and it fixed. My motherboard is the asrock b450 pro4.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
PC Specs?

Has this problem just happened?
Have you made any recent changes?

Attach a motherboard speaker to your motherboard and see what post/beep code you get per https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm - AMI bios.

If you cleared cmos then your ram should be back to stock (2133MHz).

Is your ram listed on your motherboard memory QVL?
If not then that could create problems.

vaibhav121

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013
PC Specs?

Has this problem just happened?
Have you made any recent changes?

Attach a motherboard speaker to your motherboard and see what post/beep code you get per https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm - AMI bios.

If you cleared cmos then your ram should be back to stock (2133MHz).

Is your ram listed on your motherboard memory QVL?
If not then that could create problems.

Specs -
Asrock b450 pro4 motherboard
Ryzen 2600x
RTX 2060
XPG 16GB 3000mhz
The system is over a year old and I've never had this problem before. Only recent changes were ram overclock to 3000mhz which the ram supports and I used the xmp profile from the bios.
To answer your question, yes this problem occurred like 2 days ago. 3 times in total. For the first 2, it got fixed when I reattached my cables. This is the third time and nothing is working.
I have ordered a motherboard speaker but it'll be here in 2 days so I'm also waiting on that.