Question Pc wont post any image from both intergraded gpu and gpu

May 18, 2023
It all started with some weird horizontal lines,i could still use the pc and after some restart attempts i coulnt get any image from gpu,then i tried connecting hdmi on motherboard and got image with the gpu unplaged and decided to try format,then i got the same horizontal lines and now i can't get image from both gpu and intergraded gpu.(also tried to connect my pc on tv screen with hdmi) any ideas friends?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
It all started with some weird horizontal lines,i could still use the pc and after some restart attempts i coulnt get any image from gpu,then i tried connecting hdmi on motherboard and got image with the gpu unplaged and decided to try format,then i got the same horizontal lines and now i can't get image from both gpu and intergraded gpu.(also tried to connect my pc on tv screen with hdmi) any ideas friends?
What format are you referring to? Surely not a disk format. Have you tried using the integrated GPU with the other one removed from the computer?

May 18, 2023
What format are you referring to? Surely not a disk format. Have you tried using the integrated GPU with the other one removed from the computer?
Look i got the gpu out of the pc and with hdmi on integrated gpu i got image,then i tried to format windows and got the exact same pixelayed horizontal lines and now i have no image on both intergraded gpu and gpu

May 18, 2023
CPU:8700k
CPU cooler:some kraken io cooler
Motherboard:Z370e
Ram:16ddr4 tridentz
SSD/HDD:240/1tb m2 samsun
GPU:asus rog strix 1080
PSU:750w corair gold
Chassis:
Monitor some asus 180hz

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
So you formatted Windows partition and then reinstalled it, is that correct?
So you went with the nuclear option first which probably complicates things, as you now have the possibility of multiple problems rather than one. Once you verified that things worked with the integrated GPU, one would have concluded that the GPU was the source of the problem and proceeded to troubleshoot along those lines. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable that I will post something useful.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Make sure your PC is un-plugged from mains power before trying this.

Have you tried removing the GPU from the PC resetting the CMOS just take battery leave for a min before replacing.
And then booting the PC with just the IGP on the CPU?

I had an old PC that done something similar. it would have blue and white lines going across the screen while being in the BIOS of the motherboard sometime the picture while being in the BIOS was fuzzy with kind of a red hue you could still read everything in the BIOS and it still work ok.

It didn't always do this just sometimes, I had tried changing the graphics with 3 different cards I have spare, but they didn't make any difference, I tried changing the ram with different DDR2 Kits I have, still no difference, re-flashing the BIOS, changing Cmos battery, bare board tested it with just RAM,CPU and GPU, different monitor even a flat screen TV nothing I tried seem to make any difference

Could it be the PSU causing an issue like that?

The PC still works today and still sometimes gets the lines or lines with fuzzy picture while in the BIOS, the lines have only appeared when the PC was sitting at desktop a couple of times.

I have more or less concluded it's most likely the motherboard or CPU failing but I don't know for sure because it still performs as it should.
The PC has an old intel Core2 Duo Processor E8400 and it's on an old Asus motherboard can't remember the motherboard model

It would be interesting to find out what your Issue is because it might help me identify what might be going on with that system (it's been doing it for years now)

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS