[SOLVED] PC won't post, are my components incompatible?

MarioRud

Honorable
May 4, 2015
Hey all, so a friend of mine built his first PC today but unfortunately it won't POST or display anything on his monitor.

Specs as follows:
ASUS Prime B450M-K M-ATX Motherboard
500GB SSD
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 w/ stock cooler
Corsair vengeance 8GB RAM (2x4)
Corsair 650W PSU
Sapphire RX590 GPU

He doesn't have his case yet so we built it all and powered it with a screwdriver. The PC powers on, the CPU fan spins and the Sapphire logo lights up along with the motherboard lights, but on his monitor it simply says' signal not detected'. We have tried using different HDMI cables, Display Port cables, using a different monitor but still same problem. It's like the monitor detects the GPU but doesn't display anything. The 'no signal' message pops up every time a cable was plugged or unplugged from the GPU, even when the PC was off.

I read on a forum that there is some sort of compatibility issue with using a Ryzen 3xxx with this certain motherboard, and a Ryzen 2xxx CPU must be used to update the motherboard BIOS first, then the newer CPU will work. Is this what's causing this problem?

We have tried swapping RAM sticks, using a single stick, taking out the CMOS battery, and still nothing.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Aug 28, 2019
Hey all, so a friend of mine built his first PC today but unfortunately it won't POST or display anything on his monitor.

Specs as follows:
ASUS Prime B450M-K M-ATX Motherboard
500GB SSD
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 w/ stock cooler
Corsair vengeance 8GB RAM (2x4)
Corsair 650W PSU
Sapphire RX590 GPU

He doesn't have his case yet so we built it all and powered it with a screwdriver. The PC powers on, the CPU fan spins and the Sapphire logo lights up along with the motherboard lights, but on his monitor it simply says' signal not detected'. We have tried using different HDMI cables, Display Port cables, using a different monitor but still same problem. It's like the monitor detects the GPU but doesn't display anything. The 'no signal' message pops up every time a cable was plugged or unplugged from the GPU, even when the PC was off.

I read on a forum that there is some sort of compatibility issue with using a Ryzen 3xxx with this certain motherboard, and a Ryzen 2xxx CPU must be used to update the motherboard BIOS first, then the newer CPU will work. Is this what's causing this problem?

We have tried swapping RAM sticks, using a single stick, taking out the CMOS battery, and still nothing.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

There may be small metal tabs on the inside of this face plate, if so you may have to adjust them off the case preventing a short-circuit.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_To_Assemble_A_Desktop_PC/Assembly#Safety_precautions

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_To_Assemble_A_Desktop_PC/Assembly#Motherboard

If not try a nother video card