Question PC won't POST & EZ Debug CPU LED is lit ?

Keimouuu

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
Hello,
I built pc from mostly new parts yesterday containing 5600x, MSI b550 gaming edge wifi, Kingston fury beast 16gb cl 16 3200mhz, PNY XLR8 1TB and Corsair RM750x v2. GPU was from the previous build Asus RTX 2070 .
So i got the whole computer together went BIOS check that everything is being rezognized, put USB stick #1 on the boot list, managed to install Windows 10 as normal, then i installed Google Chrome, Steam , Geforce Experience(did not install any drivers 'cos forgot password and was about to do it after the restart), Realtek sound driver ,Wifi and Bluetooth Drivers. from the MSI support page.

Computer asked to restart to apply new updates, and i let it restart, but it never booted back up, even to BIOS screen.
Fans are running slightly faster than normal and Rgp lights are on as normal, but EZ DEBUG CPU light is on, and there's no display signal ?
M.2 is used for OS

This is everthing i've tried.

-CMOS clear connecting two pints JBAT1 (whilst power switch was turned off from PSU and power cable disconnected) and few times with taking the battery out completely for 30min and now over the night.
-Tried reseating all the components and cables, CPU pins are in their places, none of them are bent or anything suspicious looking going on.
-Tested old PSU, worked same as the new
-Update Bios via Flash Bios Button all components off the board except 24pin and CPU power, did not accept update, waited 3 times 20-30min kept blinking nothing changed, CPU led was on even tho it wasnt even connected on the board.
-Tested both RAMS separately in every slot, nothing
-Booting without M.2 after CMOS , nothing
-All 6 stand offs are in the right places as they show in the guide book which came with the board.

Starting to feel like this MoBo is bricked.

Hello,
I built pc from mostly new parts yesterday containing 5600x, MSI b550 gaming edge wifi, Kingston fury beast 16gb cl 16 3200mhz, PNY XLR8 1TB and Corsair RM750x v2. GPU was from the previous build Asus RTX 2070 .
So i got the whole computer together went BIOS check that everything is being rezognized, put USB stick #1 on the boot list, managed to install Windows 10 as normal, then i installed Google Chrome, Steam , Geforce Experience(did not install any drived bcus forgot password and was bout to do it after the restart), Realtek sound driver ,Wifi and Bluetooth Drivers. FROM THE MSI SUPPORT PAGE
Computer asked to restart to apply new updates, and i let it restart, but it never booted back up, even to BIOS screen.
Fans are running slightly faster than normal and Rgp lights are on as normal, + EZ DEBUG Cpu light is on. And no display signal.
M.2 is used for OS

This is everthing i've tried.

-CMOS clear connecting two pints JBAT1 (whilst power switch was turned off from PSU and power cable disconnected) and few times with taking the battery out completely for 30min and now over the night.
-Tried reseating all the components and cables, CPU pins are in their places, none of them are bent or anything suspicious looking going on.
-Tested old PSU, worked same as the new
-Update Bios via Flash Bios Button all components off the board except 24pin and CPU power, did not accept update, waited 3 times 20-30min kept blinking nothing changed, CPU led was on even tho it wasnt even connected on the board.
-Tested both RAMS separately in every slot, nothing
-Booting without M.2 after CMOS , nothing
-All 6 stand offs are in the right places as they show in the guide book which came with the board.

Starting to feel like this MoBo is brick.
You should try to bring it to a local computer shop and see if they got a ryzen 3000 cpus to borrow, and flash the latest bios there. Otherwise there is RMA if you think it's bricked.

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS