PC wont post,no beep,internal speaker noise ..

momir

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
So,my pc few days ago decided to stop working. I turned it off,and it wont turn on. Doesnt post,doesnt beep,just some crackle noise from internal speaker.just short click noise..
I've tried everything i know.. Im just trying to turn it on with mobo and cpu.. and nothing,no beeps for not present ram etc.. PSU works,im using it right now, i've tried same motherboard from friend with my cpu and same result,tried different cpu with my mobo,still nothing.. Motherboard is asus p5vd2-vm,cpu's i tried are celeron dual core e1200,and pentium dual core e5200.. Any help at all is needed..im going nuts,it doesnt make any sense.. no logic xD RAM is supported(it worked few days ago),PSU also worked.. and both of those are working now..

i've tried same motherboard from friend with my cpu and same result, tried different cpu with my mobo, still nothing
Check the cpu and the cpu socket on the MB to see there is any burn mark or not.
The problem is from both MB and cpu, because you try use the different types of processors on your MB and also your cpu on your friend MB.

momir

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
No burn marks,bent pins or anything..there's no physical damage.. What that internal speaker noise could mean? Also, psu im using have 20pin + 4pin cpu ,not 24+4,but that should not be problem?and it worked for some time like that..

Your mb has the Award BIOS , and from the link you can see the beep code of your mb is hard to tell what is going wrong ( in the Award BIOS Post Codes section), and your MB manual does not list those error code either. http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
For your PSU, if you have the 20pin + 4pin, some of the mb do work with the only 20pin power cable ( I don't know your MB does or does not work), but you have to plug in the atx +12V 4pin into the MB, otherwise the pc will not boot.
24pin vs 20 pin http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142847&d=1262854051
If you do plug in the 4pin, then I think you should try other PSU that has the 24pin + 4pin to see the PC boot or not.

momir

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

i've tried both cpus on both mb's and same result ..