PC wont post (q code 76) after moving components to new enclosure

TD65924

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
So i moved all my working components to a new enclosure and now my pc wont post. I was originally getting q code 77 but now am getting q code 76.

So far i have tried:
-removing mobo from case and checking for a missing or misplaced standoff. None found, tightened stand offs and reinstalled to case
-tried posting outside enclosure with just one stick of memory and no gpu or HD. No change
-removed cpu and cooler: no bent pins, cleaned and reapplied thermal paste. No change

I'm at my wits end, is there anything else that i can try or do i just need to start trying to replace components? I'm hesitant to trying to load everything back into my old case since the problem was present when i booted outside the case. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Specs:
Mobo: Asus z87pro
CPU: Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card
PSU: Corsair Builder 600w
RAM: G Skill Ripjaw X 16gm DDR3-1600

full list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tdavin/saved/ZHRmP6

Solution
Reset CMOS to clear the error code.
There is a 3-pin jumper on your motherboard labeled (CLRTC) to clear the CMOS.
Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.
Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 ( default ) to pins 2-3 and leave it for about 10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
You might need to enter the BIOS to re-enter any data you previously changed.

TD65924

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

Thanks for the suggestions, as i stated in my original post i did already do those things but was unsuccessful at clearing the code. Originally i had a standoff in the wrong place but the board would power up for a moment before restarting. Moving the standoff to the correct position (this board uses the indented top left ATX standoff) stopped the restarting cycle but the code remained

Reset CMOS to clear the error code.
There is a 3-pin jumper on your motherboard labeled (CLRTC) to clear the CMOS.
Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.
Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 ( default ) to pins 2-3 and leave it for about 10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
You might need to enter the BIOS to re-enter any data you previously changed.

Solution