Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7900x
GPU: Sapphire 7900 XTX
MOBO: TUF x670 Plus (no wifi)
RAM: gSkill Trideent NEO 6000mhz 2x16 GB
STORAGE: Kongston KC3000 1TB
PSU: 1200W Seasonic Vertex ATX 3.0

Issue:

Each time I unplug my pc from the outlet, or ehile having a power outage while the PC is OFF, it won't post the first time I turn it on, CPU led is red.

It will post aflter flipping the switch off/on on the PSU, but then I need to into Bios and re-save it (there are no changes) before restsrting again and booting into winfows.

I've had this issue since I got it as far as I remember.

Bios is up to date, no OC, only UV, but foes the same without.
Mobo batter is fine, its not resseting the settings I have.

No issues other than this, which only happen after power loss, while its off or when I tske it apart for a clean-up.

Any ideas?

I will add that when power goes off completely, then the CMOS battery is used to back up the CMOS settings for BIOS/UEFI. Possibly the battery is low, but I doubt it in this case. Still, it might be worth replacing that button battery if it is old (the battery itself can be installed and in a motherboard or on a factory shelf for a couple of years before you ever get a brand new motherboard). It is cheap to test that.

Reasons why this might still be the issue, but why the odds are low that it is, is that you didn't say you had to reset BIOS each time. An interesting test would be to set the system time correctly (just go into BIOS, don't boot to Windows or any o/s as it can use networking to update the time). Maybe check any customized entry as well. Turn the PC off, unplug it, hold the power button on for maybe 10 seconds to discharge any capacitor, and wait for maybe an hour; then plug the computer back in. Boot straight to BIOS, don't go to any o/s. Check if the time and anything else that might be customized is unchanged (well, time changes, but it should properly track time). If anything is suspiciously changed by too much, then you might have a low battery.

Reactions: dudio