Question PC wont post through GPU output but after 20 mins of using on motherboard HDMI and then restart, PC will post through GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2023
I have a gigabyte 550 gaming hd MB, zotac RTX 3060 12 GB, intel i5- 10400 , gigabyyte 650 w PSU, corsair vengeance 2* 8GB
all drivers are up to date, re-seated GPU, RAM. CMOS reset, everything is done,

Problem:
PC won't post from GPU output initially every morning or shut down for at least 1 hr
every component works fine.
i have tried all possible ways to rectify it.

PC wont post from GPU output initially every morning, GPU fan spins everything else apart from output.
I switch to motherboard HDMI for post , the PC will post, and after waiting or using the PC for browsing or some sort of activity, ill restart the PC then the PC detects GPU and posts through GPU and I wont experience any sort post issues , GPU works fine then i will use or game for at least 10 + hrs a day before shutting down PC before going to bed.
next day morning same issue, it wont post

i searched all over internet but no solution, GPU works perfectly, i don't know what is the issue

somedays this issue wont even exist

please help me out here

Last edited:

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
  1. Check the PCIe slot: Make sure the graphics card is seated properly in the PCIe slot and that the slot is free of any debris or damage. You can also try using a different PCIe slot if your motherboard has one.
  2. Check the power supply: Make sure that your power supply is providing enough power to the graphics card and that all cables are securely connected. You may want to try using a different power supply to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Test the graphics card: Try using the graphics card in a different system to see if it behaves the same way. This can help you isolate whether the problem is with the graphics card or the system.
  4. Check the BIOS settings: Make sure that your BIOS is set to prioritize the PCIe graphics card as the primary display adapter.
  5. Update firmware: Check to make sure that you have the latest firmware for your motherboard and graphics card, as there may be updates available that address this issue.
If none of these steps resolves the problem, you may want to consider contacting the manufacturer for further support or even a replacement.

May 6, 2023
  1. Check the PCIe slot: Make sure the graphics card is seated properly in the PCIe slot and that the slot is free of any debris or damage. You can also try using a different PCIe slot if your motherboard has one.
  2. Check the power supply: Make sure that your power supply is providing enough power to the graphics card and that all cables are securely connected. You may want to try using a different power supply to see if that resolves the issue.
  3. Test the graphics card: Try using the graphics card in a different system to see if it behaves the same way. This can help you isolate whether the problem is with the graphics card or the system.
  4. Check the BIOS settings: Make sure that your BIOS is set to prioritize the PCIe graphics card as the primary display adapter.
  5. Update firmware: Check to make sure that you have the latest firmware for your motherboard and graphics card, as there may be updates available that address this issue.
If none of these steps resolves the problem, you may want to consider contacting the manufacturer for further support or even a replacement.
I have tried all the above, like I said when it gets the output from the GPU and everything works really well with no issues until I shut down for like 1hr or so, the only problem I am thinking is the PSU issue but when I am gaming it never caused me issues

Status
Not open for further replies.