[SOLVED] PC wont post with 2 ram sticks at the same time

Doodle_1

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
Where do i start.. First of all we have 2 computers in question (PC1 and PC2)

PC2 is a perfectly working computer with no previous issues whatsoever

PC1 on the other hand had a faulty motherboard a while back and had its motherboard replaced today.

This is where the problems started, the PC1 wouldn’t boot, it would turn on but no display or bios, so i took out one of the two ram sticks and it worked, after further trouble shooting the results are as follows , it works with 1 ram stick, it doesn’t work with 2 ram sticks, when testing for 1 ram stick one of the two ram sticks works 50% of the time only, confusing i know let me try to rephrase that

RAM1 and RAM2 don’t work together
RAM1 works by itself
RAM2 works by itself half the time.

Now in order to test the ram sticks i switched them with PC2’s ram sticks , this is where the problem gets bigger, RAM3 and RAM4 face the same issue as RAM1 and RAM2 on PC1 , RAM1 and RAM2 face the same issue on PC2, now non of the rams work where they’re supposed to and both computers have the same problem, 1 stick works fine in the first slot but not the second, and both sticks don’t work at all.

Iv tried updating the BIOS, resetting the CMOS Battery at least 10 times, unplugging replugging things, messing with XMP and voltages , reseating the CPU. i cant have two sticks at a time in any of the PCs. iv come to a halt and don’t know what to do, Why did PC2 get the same problem as PC1 after switching ram sticks one time , how can i fix this? any suggestions will be appreciated.

Solution
Because some times when you re in a rush to fix things you make things worse. You do not give any clue about your hardware though. Are ram modules bought as a kit? Make and model? Specs of pcs?
If you are sure there is at least ONE working ram slot at any of your pcs, go and try ALL of your ram sticks. If systems boots then ALL of your ram sticks can at least pass the boot sequence. Proper checking of your ram would require to download a bootable memtest and let it run for many passes for each stick. Also Prime95 is good at finding ram errors but it doens't actually clarify a hardware problem.
Chances are you have some bent pins in cpu socket if you re using Intel or you have a cpu cooler sit too tight on the cpu bending pins down...
Because some times when you re in a rush to fix things you make things worse. You do not give any clue about your hardware though. Are ram modules bought as a kit? Make and model? Specs of pcs?
If you are sure there is at least ONE working ram slot at any of your pcs, go and try ALL of your ram sticks. If systems boots then ALL of your ram sticks can at least pass the boot sequence. Proper checking of your ram would require to download a bootable memtest and let it run for many passes for each stick. Also Prime95 is good at finding ram errors but it doens't actually clarify a hardware problem.
Chances are you have some bent pins in cpu socket if you re using Intel or you have a cpu cooler sit too tight on the cpu bending pins down and giving a short to ram slots

Solution